Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safe and proper battery-to-spare tire well relocation...

Old 05-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Safe and proper battery-to-spare tire well relocation...

How exactly do you go about this? I'm wanting to pick up a lightweight battery that will act as my primary starting battery (any ideas on a light one) and also relocate it to my spare tire well. I know I'll need to build a box for it and vent it to the outside of the car, so I've already got a plan for that. I'm mainly wondering about the wiring. Can I ground it anywhere in the car? And I'll need to run what gauge power wire up front to the fuse box (I'm guessing 1/0 just to be safe)? Anything else I need to know before doing this?

Right now I'm looking at getting a Dynabatt battery from Thunder Racing along with the BMR relocation mounting kit and the Taylor aluminum battery box to keep everything legal and safe (http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=105). I'll have to supply my own wiring but thats no big deal. The plan was to run a 1/0 or 4 AWG run of wire to the fuse box up front, and ground the battery in the rear of the car. Will this stuff work and work together? Could I just make a battery box out of wood and mount it and vent it myself and call it a day (would that be safe, or would that be ghetto)?

Last edited by josh99ta; 05-06-2005 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wood sounds a little ghetto but you should be able to ground the battery in the back. i am interested in doing this soon as well. the kit is pretty straight up i have seen some on ebay for chesp

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Safe and proper battery-to-spare tire well relocation...