Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suncoast Creations ram air setup

Old 05-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suncoast Creations ram air setup

I have the ss style hood from Suncoast Creations on my z28 with their ram air box. When I bought the car the airbox and the hood weren't sealed up so the other day I decided to buy some 3m weather stripping. After I installed it I went out and tested it. Well at 5500 rpm's and up it stopped pulling as hard as it did without the weather stripping. I am wondering if this is normal or did I screw something up installing the weatherstripping... which is pretty straight foreward. Anybody with experience with this setup please chime in. Also it makes me wonder if that is why my car didn't come with the weather stripping. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Robby
Old 05-08-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have that hood and my car pulls like a raped ape on top end. I dont think you messed up at all i just think you were expecting too much and you just think it dosent pull as hard. Take it to the track and see if you can tell any difference. good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suncoast Creations ram air setup