Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed SJM Line Lock!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just installed SJM Line Lock!

I love it! Easy instal. Everything needed to do the instal. Even looks factory. They even include the grommet for the wire to pass through the firewall (which I lost under my carpet. Doh!). I did it a little different than recommended though. I did not like the push button activation since I have an M6 and need to shift to second to get better wheel speed. I just bypassed it and used the toggle for full control. I tested it out with my two brothers in the car (all of us over 200) and OMG! I have never done a burnout before. Sure I have spun the tires on many occasions, but never smoked 'em. After 5 seconds I could not see out my back window. Then I flipped the switch off and pulled out spinning for about 20-30 feet. That was way cool. This was on Nittos at 19psi. This will be a great tool for the track.

Thanks SJM! For a great product and customer service.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This didn't mess up your ABS did it, been looking for a line lock, but didn't want to f*ck up my ABS
BTW we need a vid of the burnout
Old 05-09-2005, 06:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
This didn't mess up your ABS did it, been looking for a line lock, but didn't want to f*ck up my ABS
BTW we need a vid of the burnout
Sometimes after a burnout I get ABS Inop light. Just bring the car to stop & it'll reset when you start moving again. And line locks are way cool.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have seen a pic of where someone had the switch installed in the shifter. the shifter appeared stock but you could lift up the top part of the shifter and there would be the switch. i thought it was really cool looking.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

It did not mes with my ABS. Everything seems fine. I did not get video of this one. I do plan on getting one soon as I want to practice burnout and launching before I go to the track. So maybe this weekend I will get a vid. My brothers buddy has a digital video camera. I do not know how to put it on computer though.