Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP Carb to EFI Conversion

Old 05-11-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GMPP Carb to EFI Conversion

I've searched through many threads and saw what was needed for the conversion. I'm still confused on mounting the injectors, do you just drill out the bungs to a certain size and plug them in? How is it done?

Are custom fuel rails needed, or do off the self ones work?

Also, do any of the sponsors sell a manifold with rails and drilled bungs already?

Do you guys think a nitrous built (200-250 shot) 370ci would benefit from this free flowing intake using a nitrous plate setup?

Sorry of these questions are redundant, I can't seem to pinpoint these answers, ..thanks.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Veteran

on my HSR it looks like a counter sunk hole but i think there has to be a space for the seal to "click" into ant seal it so fuel doesnt spray everywhere. jus take it to a reputable machine shop and tell em what u wnt.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my machinist here at work modify my GMPP intake, based off of an LS1 intake. I used the Speed Inc. fuel rails and custom made some stand offs, the GMPP intake's injector mounts are too short compared to the LS1/LS6 intake mounts. No one as of right now sells a pre-drilled and setup GMPP intake package, would be nice though. Your application would work very well with this kind of setup, you might be better off running a 4-bbl EFI throttle body vs. an elbow and single blade throttle body ... since you will be using a plate system.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
I had my machinist here at work modify my GMPP intake, based off of an LS1 intake. I used the Speed Inc. fuel rails and custom made some stand offs, the GMPP intake's injector mounts are too short compared to the LS1/LS6 intake mounts. No one as of right now sells a pre-drilled and setup GMPP intake package, would be nice though. Your application would work very well with this kind of setup, you might be better off running a 4-bbl EFI throttle body vs. an elbow and single blade throttle body ... since you will be using a plate system.
Thanks for the info, this will be going into a truck, so the elbow should clear.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=Deckhand]I've searched through many threads and saw what was needed for the conversion. I'm still confused on mounting the injectors, do you just drill out the bungs to a certain size and plug them in? How is it done?

Are custom fuel rails needed, or do off the self ones work?

Also, do any of the sponsors sell a manifold with rails and drilled bungs already?

Edelbrock sells a pre-drilled version of the Victor Jr LS1 specifically for this. It's PN 29086 with fuel rails or PN 29085 without fuel rails. The fuel rail kit is also available separately. They should be shipping now.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh thats pretty handy. Is there any big differences between the GM and Edelbrock intake?

Search this Thread