Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meziere race only electric water pump.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 01:20 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Meziere race only electric water pump.

I'm thinking of swapping to the race only version from my current street version and had some questions. First off, I've removed power steering, so the only the crank pulley, alternator, idler pulley on the Meziere street pump and tensioner on the water pump is left. From the pic of the race pump, it doesnt look like it has a spot for the tensioner. What is going to happen there? That is the only tensioner I'm using. Secondly, will the belt have to be changed? Next, in the description of the race pump, it says hardware included, but no inlet fitting. It says inlet fitting must be ordered according to the size of the lower radiator hose. What do I do there? Then in parenthesis, it says hose and AN fittings available. I'm really confused here. I want to swap over to the race version for weight purposes, but I'm not sure what to do as it doesnt seem to be a direct swap. Lastly, does it still retain the thermostat and if not, how does that work? Thanks.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:51 AM
9 Second Club NA

Anyone?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Measure the diameter of your lower radiator hose and then let them know. there will probably be an addition charge depending on the size of the fitting.

Dont worry about the AN fittings. That is for a stainless braided line with AN fittings. Pretty much pure race only type set up unless you want to go through the hassle of having a AN male fitting welded to an aftermarket aluminum radiator.

Dont know about thermostat, sorry.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a picture of mine, just mount the tensioner on the back of the alt bracket where the idler pulley used to go. I made my own alt bracket but it goes in the same general spot

Here is a picture with the stock bracket