Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another Idea for out the back duals

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another Idea for out the back duals

So how about taking 2 intermediate pipes, sticking them side by side and going over the axle?

You can buy v6 intermediate pipes from GM, or maybe with that BMR panhard relocation thing... Maybe I could fit 2 3-inch intermediate pipes over? Maybe Magnaflow would sell me just the over axle sections of their system? or i could round some up used...

I've seen the 2 pipes over the passenger side done before... just thinking this might be the best way to go about it... no costly custom work, just a little bit of cutting and welding to turn a y-pipe into an x or H and the over axle pipes will be mandrel bent this way...

what do you think?
Old 05-12-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just looked at www.lmperformance.com under the v6 camaro/firebird section, down at the bottom there are intermediate and over-axle sections all by themselves all ready to go!

Im getting anxious, just waiting for someone to burst my bubble...
Old 05-12-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

The left side might need some tweeking since it will bend to the right slightly. You might be better off getting some tail pipe sections from a car that had dual exhaust ( chevelle, nova, etc ) and punch them in there.

I know Stainless Works has them. Their website used to have pictures of them, but they redesigned the site and some pictures are missing. Their link should be ------->