Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Dual Electric Y-pipe already. any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Dual Electric Y-pipe already. any ideas?

well my y-pipe was installed today. i got it from QTP and its the dual electric y-pipe. well the cutouts worked fine when installed and the first couple of times we started the car. the next time we get in the car to leave, and the light on the toggle switch (the one that QTP sent that was already wired up and everything) wasn't coming on like before. the cutouts are now halfway open and the switch isn't working. we checked the fuses and everything was fine. so we have to wait until tomorrow until the car can be jacked up again to see if anything else is wrong?

any ideas why it would just stop working. i don't think the cutouts are stuck open because the light on the toggle switch isn't working now. almost like power isn't getting to it.

thanks guys!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Had a similar prob w/mine.The bulb went out,thus the circuit was broken and the switch would no longer work.Did away w/light-no problem May want to check your ground,if you don't have a good connection it will cause probs.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:02 AM
Launching!

I am thinking about getting those headers with that Y pipe as well. How does the Y pipe fit? I am also considering getting that electric Y as well, I can only imagine how it sounds with both cutouts open
Old 05-15-2005, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Told you not to get those. I do like the y-pipe with the flowmaster merge collector though, who made it? Now you need a stall and cam.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Lightbulb

JaSSon,

How's your tranny holding up? With all of that ls1 muscle under the hood something is bound to give soon. If the ole baker tranny has seen it's better day's let me know, because double d need's a good converter!

Old 05-15-2005, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Hey there, if you dont figure it out today give me a call monday morning and we can figure this out. But check your wiring for the switch, something could of came loose
Old 05-15-2005, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Red99TransAm
I am thinking about getting those headers with that Y pipe as well. How does the Y pipe fit? I am also considering getting that electric Y as well, I can only imagine how it sounds with both cutouts open
the ypipe looks better (ground clearance wise) than i thought. i have stock suspension though. i don't have QTP headers. I have Pacesetter coated LTs and it sounds really good. but you have to consider what kind of sound your going for. i LOOOVVEE really loud cars so the loudness doesn't bother me one bit. my boyfriend, who isn't into race cars really, says that its too loud and he hates it (well he says he hates it, but seems like at every stop sign, he was revving it up just to hear it. ) haha...

Originally Posted by JaSSoN
Told you not to get those. I do like the y-pipe with the flowmaster merge collector though, who made it? Now you need a stall and cam.
i ordered the Y-pipe from QTP. you did see the y-pipe at Joeys didn't you? I thought he said yall stopped by there. yea, joey and me were talking about a small cam and small converter. you have to remember, i drive this car to Beaumont and back everyday for work.

Originally Posted by Ken@QTP
Hey there, if you dont figure it out today give me a call monday morning and we can figure this out. But check your wiring for the switch, something could of came loose
thanks, we did check the wiring for anything loose and also checked the fuses. im bringing the car back over to the guys house now and he is gonna put the car back on ramps and see whats up. i mean it was working fine, turned the car off, went and grabbed something, turned the car back on and no light on the switch, and the switch isn't working at all. so the cutouts are stuck like halfway open.

i will say though, went down to the gas station and made alot of heads turn! I LOVE THE SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SS GIRL; 05-15-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

The tranny is toast but Don is hooking it up. I think I killed it with all the kick downs on the street. It is said that is it the worst thing for it. Youll just have to spend the $$$ on a Yank like the rest of us. If your going for the cam only list dont buy the SS verters. Get off your butt and buy Breauxs.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

Hopefully, I can sell my converter this week so I'll have the mula to get his converter.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i've had that problem my cut outs a few times. the motor on the q tecs likes to work itself loose. when that happens, the motor shifts over and can't reach the gears in the housing anymore. usually if you reach down and grab the motor you can wiggle it around until it grabs. i've taken mine apart a few times and put loc-tite on the bolts, but that didn't last to long. my remedy is true duals. . they were fun whille they lasted but it's not worth the hastle anymore