Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutout idea like on GMMG cars

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cutout idea like on GMMG cars

I have a picture in one of my magazine's of the underside of the ZL1 that shows the cutout and it looks like either a 3.5" or 4" and then it reduces to the 3" GMMG catback. I was actually thinking of going this with my GMMG, with a 3.5 cutout coming off my Mufflex Y (Flowmaster collector), then reducing it to 3" for the GMMG I pipe, you guys think it's worth it, or should I just go with a 3" cutout? You think a 3.5" cutout will have any more power gains then a 3"? I posted this in the special vehicle section for the GMMG car owners to answer, but no one seemed interested in it.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2005, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Hey... well i asked a similiar ques. about getting a cutoff. And i got the response of basically saying "there's no point in putting a cutoff on GMMG, it will take away the great sound you basically paid for. Plus its one of the best flowing catbacks that don't need a cutoff." So you'd be better off leaving it alone in my opinion.... But hey do what you want man. Im saving up for GMMG now... and im still deciding if im gonna stick a cutoff on it.... but thats only bcuz i got my reasons, and thats i gotta earn as much rwhp cuz im never gonna reach switchin a cam or head work. So i need as much RWHP that i can earn.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

sweet, anyone else?
Old 05-29-2005, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty much what he said, you can do it, but you will not see any performance gains. gmmg is very free flowing to begin with.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

yea I may just stick with the GMMG, but I figured I'd gain more power maybe by going with a 3.5" cutout, rather then a 3" cutout.....
Old 05-29-2005, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Hey bro... do what you want man you know? It's your car and if you got the money and wanna do it, i say what the hell!! But remember, your gonna have to cut and weld so you don't wanna regret nething. Say you wanna take it back off u kno? Just sleep on it and make the right choice