Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car cranks...won't start unless jumped

Old 05-29-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car cranks...won't start unless jumped

I'm having some troubles with my car starting. It started last summer and got progressively worse. It will just crank and crank before it will fire. Now it won't start at all. I've replaced the started and put a new optima red top battery in. Here's the kicker. If I jump it or hook it up to a battery charger it fires right up. Any ideas?
Old 05-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by theblur98ss
I'm having some troubles with my car starting. It started last summer and got progressively worse. It will just crank and crank before it will fire. Now it won't start at all. I've replaced the started and put a new optima red top battery in. Here's the kicker. If I jump it or hook it up to a battery charger it fires right up. Any ideas?
alternator?
Old 05-29-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Might try a new battery, probably just doesnt have the ampage to crank it anymore with out a jump.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

I 'think' it's a bad ignition relay. I switched the Ignition relay and the starter relay and it started twice. Then the starter quit working. I got a relay to try tomorrow.

Search this Thread