Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help! Engine Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help! Engine Problem

I really hope someone can give me some idea of what is going on with my car. It is a 99 z28 m6.

Here is the story, the car hesitates under throttle pretty noticably, My dad had a MAF from a Z06 which we thought would fit just to try a new part. We put it in and plugged it in, the car ran great, however later we realized that it was the wrong part and all we really accomplished was running the car with no MAF. It immediatly threw a SES light. I thought a bad MAF would make the car run goofy . so I ordered a new SLP (The right one) I hooked it up today, reset the computer and the problem is still there, although maybe a tad less noticable. I have no clue what could be wrong. The plugs are fine, some people have mentioned o2 sensors however i dont have $300 to "test" if that is what the problem is. The car isnt throwing any codes so I am really walking in the dark.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What was wrong W/ the stock one. The tuner had a hell of a time with my slp maf, so that might not of fixed your problem.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

I am unsure if anything is wrong with my stock one, however the car ran 10 times better with it unhooked which no one can explain.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Have you tried cleaning the original MAF and TB yet? Get some TB cleaner and clean the hell out of the TB. Make sure you get the idle hole real good and the butterfly.
How many miles are on it? Have you thought about seafoaming it yet?