Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electric cutout ? dual, single?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric cutout ? dual, single?

i'm thinking about going with dual electric cutouts on my y-pipe to open up my exhaust a little , and to hear the cam more, should i go with single or dual setup, where are you guys putting them at on your y-pipe on your setups, pics would help thanks, would duals be to loud, or would they be alright, would you go with a single setup, or dual setup?

Last edited by 00PwtrSS; 06-02-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

I currently have dual 3" electric cutouts, but when i tried to put subframe connectors on this morning they would not clear them. They are as close to the open-header sound you can get and im always getting compliments on how good it sounds & people always ask how big of a cam its got (stock btw). Subframe connectors are pretty much a must so the cutouts are coming off next week. Ground clearance will suck if you go dual cutouts, look at pics.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:53 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1 cutout in the I-pipe is so much more liveable than 2 in the Y. I've had both setups. 1 cutout in the I is all you need for performance and sound. The extra bit of wickedness the dual cutouts offers is not worth the sacrifice in clearance.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
1 cutout in the I-pipe is so much more liveable than 2 in the Y. I've had both setups. 1 cutout in the I is all you need for performance and sound. The extra bit of wickedness the dual cutouts offers is not worth the sacrifice in clearance.
Same here, and also the cutout with a dual setup dont close at the same time alot of the times which tends to make the cutout that closes first to keep trying to close after It's already been closed,This causes the valve coupling to come loose after awhile and Then you have to keep tightening the setscrews on the valve coupling.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 06-03-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SmaknSS

Same here, and also the cutout with a dual setup dont close at the same time alot of the times which tends to make the cutout that closes first to keep trying to close after It's already been closed,This causes the valve coupling to come loose and Then you have to keep tightening the setscrews on the valve coupling.

I've had my qtp cutouts since they 1st started selling them and have never had that problem.