Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ORY - Magnaflow - o2 ????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ORY - Magnaflow - o2 ????????

I am looking to replace the stock y-pipe and SLP dual dual on my 2001 Firehawk. Ultimately, I want to buy QTP or Kooks LT's, but for now I just want to replace the y-pipe and catback due to financial reasons. If I have a guy fab a custom ORY-pipe and install Magnaflow, what is required relative to the o2 extensions and sims to function properly with the LS1 without an edit of any kind? Thanks guys.....
Old 06-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Exclamation

ttt guys...anybody with this setup that can provide some advice would be appreciated. thanks a lot. this LS1 exhaust situation is driving me nuts. so many decisions to make. if i had unlimited funds it would be QTP LT's with the HVMC into a QTP ORY and GMMG...but that setup is over $2K as you know. looking for something in the short term to satisfy sound desires and some power increase but want to do it right as far as the o2 sims/extensions go. let me know what you think...
Old 06-04-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, Leave the y-pipe alone till you get headers. You will have to run a different y-pipe with them anyways.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:18 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

I would wait as well to get the headers. Its just not worth it my opinion with out the headers.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With stock manifolds the horsepower gain of going to a custom ORY does not justify the cost. I think you would only see maybe 5 RWHP MAX compared to the stock y-pipe.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:35 AM
Teching In

yea, i understand and thanks for the feedback. my only reason for doing so would be the sound....i'm real eager to get the car sounding right and this is obviously a provider in that department. either way i am getting the magnaflow this week and will just have to decide when the time comes what to do with the y-pipe. all i know is i want a loud, bitchin sound to have some more fun banging through the gears and cruisin town.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:00 AM
On The Tree

If you remove the cats you will also need to either buy O2 simulators or custom tune the PCM to turn off the applicable codes.

It will definitely be louder with out the cats.

Good luck,

Al