Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

y-pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default y-pipes

How does everyone have their y-pipes tucked up far enough to where they can drop their car 2" with the sportline lowering kit? I have stock springs, about to put in the pro kit, and my 3" y-pipe hangs damn low and it is tucked up there pretty damn good. Please post pics of your y-pipe explaining how you get that damn pipe so far up there!

http://img210.echo.cx/img210/1128/dscn06425ru.jpg
Old 06-03-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a boxed section that is a brace for the floorpan that runs just inches off the header. Youcan either beat it in or do like I have done to many cars and cut it away. It will get you probably 3/4" more clearance. Then you can move the pipe higher. It looks like in the picture your pipe is angles downward off the header going back to the y so that it will clear this spot Im talking about. Like I said, cut it away and adjust the pipe higher.

Now the problem with getting your pipe too tight is it will bang with stock motor mounts. If it doesnt bang then your one of the lucky ones. If it does then you need to install or have someone install some poly motor mounts. They are PITA to put in but well worth it in the long run.