Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

factory Slp or Borla

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default factory Slp or Borla

I have a Borla muffler and a factory Slp catback with the center tips, and im trying to decide if I should take off the factory slp muffler and put the Borla or just stay with the original Slp.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:54 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the SLP is the dual/dual, it flows well. If it's not the SLP dual/dual, get that sucker off there and put the borla on. Is the Borla a splitcase (single in/dual out on opposite sides?). If it's not a splitcase, some custom fabbing may be necessary- if that's the case, ditch the Borla and get a splitcase from Magnaflow or Hooker.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

how do i know if its the dual, dual and yes the borla has one in and two out.The Slp looks similar to the borla it has one single in and two out one on each side.Im asking this because I am putting in my Mac headers next week and I want to do all of this at once.By the way it's a Borla Pro XS but the guy I got it from cut it open and took the insulation from the inside for a better sound then welded it back together,would this affect anything?
Old 06-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

any suggestions?
Old 06-07-2005, 01:23 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put the Borla on *wait, no insulation?!* Bah! keep the SLP! The insulation would erode over time, but I can't imagine it would sound good gutted. Get a new muffler.