Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Dodge Hemi Commercial] SWEET! [/Dodge Hemi Commercial]

Old 06-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default [Dodge Hemi Commercial] SWEET! [/Dodge Hemi Commercial]

TSP True Duals, ORX, Moroso Spiral Flow mufflers

TSP True Duals painted with high heat grill paint for protection and also to easily see where paint might be missing if I'm having scraping problems, unpainted parts are masking tape on the "seams" of the slip-fit connections to ensure no leaks. Also shown is the TCI 4000/2.8 stall.

Pacesetter race style coated long tubes show up Thursday according to the UPS tracking number. Normally I dont get too excited about mods, but I'm pumped for the car to have a sound better suited to it's looks. The added performance of the exhaust as well as the cam thats going in will also be nice too. Exhaust goes on this weekend, cam next weekend, TCI stall first weekend of July. DIY install at my buddy's garage with help from friends in the local F-Body club.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would not have painted them. Not that anyone's really going to see them, but now they're gonna have to be repainted when/if you scrape every time to keep them looking all black. Without paint you wouldn't be able to see the scratches as easily as you will now. That's just my personal opinion though. Great choice on the TD's... I get excited every time someone gets some b/c for those few moments I get to live vicariously through them while I'm working on building my mod budget back up
Old 06-07-2005, 10:47 AM

Any scrapes will be on the bottom, so any scrapes aren't as likely to be seen. The two biggest advantages of painting them IMO is 1) it makes them more inconspicuous under the car and 2) it protects the piping and especially the welds from rusting. Two definitely pluses in my book. It just so happens that I can also use it as a barometer of how bad and where they are scraping so I can work on tucking them up better under the car to avoid scraping them again. Its a win-win-win IMO. I'm definitely excited to get them on though, Saturday cant come fast enough.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yee - ha!
Old 06-07-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

The driver's side header connection is flopped the wrong way....hope you didn't weld it...
Old 06-07-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NOBR8KSS
The driver's side header connection is flopped the wrong way....hope you didn't weld it...
^ what he said.

also, do you plan on taking the masking tape off and welding it? i surely hope so, or at least band clamps.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:01 PM

Unless masking tape is some sort of welding...

I just assembled it for painting so I wasn't worried what was driver's side and what was passenger's side, or if the pipes were facing the correct directions. It'll all line up when it's under the car.

Also, the masking tape is obviously not the only thing going to be holding it together. I'll be using the supplied TSP band clamps so I can maintain adjustability. The pipes were just stuck together so that I could tape off the slip fit connections so that paint didn't get on them, to ensure pipe-to-pipe contact under the band clamps. Didn't want paint on the connections that could possibly cause complications with exhaust leaks or even fitment problems.

Just trying to keep the existing welds happy and healthy (aka: rust-free) and also hide it a little under the car so it doesn't look like my car has a bunch of pipes hanging under it.

Search this Thread