Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another CAT / Emissions situation = Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another CAT / Emissions situation = Help!

Ok guys, I have a 99' with MAC mids & a custom made 3" ORY no bungs for o2's or flanges for tests/cats. I love the pipe but I have emissions testing due soon. I know it will not pass so I want to get another Y pipe that has cats and o2 hookups instead of cutting up my ORY. Who makes the best and cheepest priced catted Y. I looked at the MAC one and was not impressed. What should I do? Will the stock Y pipe bolt up to the MAC headers? Can I use that one? Or do I need to buy one for one stupid test? TIA -Adam
Old 06-07-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 3.8SFITURBO
Ok guys, I have a 99' with MAC mids & a custom made 3" ORY no bungs for o2's or flanges for tests/cats. I love the pipe but I have emissions testing due soon. I know it will not pass so I want to get another Y pipe that has cats and o2 hookups instead of cutting up my ORY. Who makes the best and cheepest priced catted Y. I looked at the MAC one and was not impressed. What should I do? Will the stock Y pipe bolt up to the MAC headers? Can I use that one? Or do I need to buy one for one stupid test? TIA -Adam

Does MD do OBDII testing? Do they do a visual inspection on those cars?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Regular

Obdii
Old 06-07-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the only catted y-pipe for Macs is made by Mac. You can try having a custom on built with Magnaflow/Carsound cats.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 3.8SFITURBO
Obdii
If its OBDII and you have the codes removed why will it not pass? You didn't specify if there was a visual inspection.