Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C just quit working. I can't stand the 90d heat!! What could the problem be?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C just quit working. I can't stand the 90d heat!! What could the problem be?

My car only has 26000miles on the odo. Air was working yesterday and now nothing. The low pressure line does not get cold when I turn on the A/C. Any ideas what it could be?

I made some sprited high speed runs while tuning the car the night before it stopped working. ???????????????????

It was so hot that I had to take off my shirt while pulling out of the office drive. My boss saw me and was like
Old 06-09-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

Is the A/C clutch engaging at all? Don't go any farther south if you do not like 90.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah my AC is dead too, i need a new compressor and it just started hitting 90+ a week ago.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Well I just tried my ac the other day , and guess what ? no worky either. Went to wally world and got some r134a to put in, and found I had a leak as soon as I started to put it in. The high pres. line had a hair line crack right at the fitting to the condenser in front of the radiator. I could hear a slight hiss and feel air coming from it, so I pulled line and sure enough no good . Gm part # 10282758 for 98-99 f-body its a hard line was only $29 from gmpartsdirect $60 from dealer. It seems to me that this would be a sore spot for many f-bodys with ac troubles , the line looked like it was rubbing the mount that is on the line itself , it looks like an 8 and free wheels around the line when not bolted down , the other end that goes to the fire wall does not and is solderd to the line. IMHO both ends sould be solderd . As the line does not move it must have stressed over time and wrenching on the car, I dont know how many times I have hit that line just messing with the batt. or air box but its some thing to look at if you think you have a leak, and it worked yesterday, but not today kind of deal.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

I will check out the wire and HP line.