Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LM II with headers...

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LM II with headers...

Ok, now that the loudmouth II catback has been available for a while, does anyone have headers installed with it? I know the original LM with headers was enough to shake your bones loose inside the cabin thanks to the drone and rasp, but i was wondering if the same was true for the LM II. I had the LM II installed a couple months ago and I am very pleased with the sound. Now I'm looking to get some headers, but i dont want to regret it. Oh yeah, I have a 2002 SS. Anyone in a similar situation?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2005, 11:23 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

If you want to keep the loudmouth II I would not go with an off road y pipe. Get some cats to keep the rasp down, and you should be fine.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the LMII is basically a "dynomouth" setup running a bullet muffler instead of the resonator. Personally I would run cats with it.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the LM II as well and I have always been wondering what it would sound like and if it would be too loud without cats. I'm not sure but let me know what you do.