Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker LT Road Manners

Old 06-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker LT Road Manners

Hello all, after doing some searching i haven't really been able to find exactly what i'm looking for, possibly I overlooked a thread about this, but maybe not...

Just in general, are Long Tubes a real pain to drive around with?

as far as how loud they are...i'm not too worried about that, i can stand them being decently loud, my set up would certainly be indicative of a somewhat loud set up (Hooker LT's, ORY, GMMG) or so it would seem.

My LT's are being installed on the 22nd by MTI and I'm just posting to get a little feedback as I am just a little bit apprehensive as to the road manners of LT headers

Should i expect a lot of vibration?
Do they make the overall ride quality shitty?

any feedback would be great

Thanks
Old 06-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Launching!

the sound isn't really to much louder over stock even with the aftermarket exhaust catback, until you punch it, which is louder for sure. My car got much louder from the cam, especially compared to the headers. Actually the weird sounds and vibrations that I heard under my feet from the stock manifolds went away, I guess because the bottlenecking stockers create a weird turbulance right there, and the longtubes get rid of that. the sound is also smoother. They do scrape a bit on some speedbumps-only the real bad ones, and I do have to go slower over normal ones so they don't smack. Some people report no problems with this. I don't think there is any vibrations with them, some people get problems of the Y pipe hitting the trans mount. The only real pain is the speedbumps and the fact that you have to change the gaskets on them every year or two because they will start leaking at some point, and then you get the annoying exhaust leaks, but changing gaskets isn't really that hard.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Banned

That i can certainly live with, those were my original thoughts of what it would be like

Thanks
Old 06-13-2005, 01:13 AM
10 Second Club

The Hookers are good headers for the money.. I've got a set on my car with the Hooker ORY and I love em... I've also got adjustable coil overs on my car and it sits REALLY low all the way around.. Most speed bumps don't cause a problem if you take it nice and slow. The Hooker ypipe is a nicely made ypipe and it doesn't ever hit my floorpan or cause any kind of vibrations at all. I haven't noticed any kind of annoyance with them at all... The ypipe might scrape from time to time, but just barely. And I've never scraped my headers on anything...
Old 06-13-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Resident

With any mod the car is not going to be more civilized or quieter or drive better. Factory parts were engineered to make things quiet and make the car drive civil.

Things I noticed.....more noise....you can hear the pulsations inside the tubes over the stock manifolds and seemingly more engine noises. On my setup the car got quite a bit louder. Driving around it just has a badass burble....when you get on it it is holy crap what have I done to my car it is so loud.

I like them though
Old 06-13-2005, 02:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your gona have tons of fun in parking garages and underpasses
Old 06-13-2005, 07:00 AM
Restricted User

Default long tubes

Lots of fun in parking garages and underpasses but just slow down over speed bumps.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

y pipe bang can suck. its gonna be louder.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Banned

appreciate everything guys, seems to me that i'll love them
Old 06-13-2005, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah you will be glad that you got them...

Search this Thread