Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LS6 Intake Leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SLP LS6 Intake Leak

I am installing my SLP intake this weekend, and have heard of trouble getting a good seal for the egr. Does anyone have any tips on getting a good seal?....I hope I don't end up having to deal with an egr leak. I have been searching and heard of others sealing the whole area with gasket maker. Is this the only option? I haven't heard much about this issue lately, most people on here probably just delete it
Old 06-16-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though i would delete the egr personally. I delt with the same thng when I first started modding just put gasket sealer on it should work. If not try wrapping it with some black tape ya know make it a little bigger that works to. Those things are a pain to get sealed again...
Old 06-16-2005, 01:15 AM
TECH Addict

QUOTE: just put gasket sealer on it should work. If not try wrapping it with some black tape ya know make it a little bigger that works to

Where all would you put the gasket sealer/tape? Down to the base, or around the brass body?
Old 06-16-2005, 01:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Around the base of the tube where the oring is..... Coat the oring in gasket sealer if that dosent work wrap some black tape around it.......
Old 06-16-2005, 02:36 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks Crazy Man. I hope I can get the SLP to seal so I don't have to do a rig job, but whatever works. I just wanted to have my bases covered. How did your rig job work? Did it work as long as you had the egr?