Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST intake & TB issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST intake & TB issues?

I had recently installed a FAST 78mm intake and FAST 78mm throttle body and today screwing around with HP Tuners, I noticed that my TP reading only goes to 80% open, MAX, and that was with my foot to the floor leaning on it as hard as I could. So I opened the hood and moved the linkage myself by hand, and It went to a max of 77% open. The TB linkage when open that far hits a hump on the intake surounding a bolt hole of the intake. Is this a common problem? Has anyone else seen/heard of this? I have taken a couple pictures of it, and I will post them to show exactly what I mean shortly. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out why my car seems to not be performing the way it used to before the intake/TB swap, and why my recent trip to the dyno was so unimpressing. I would assume if Im only getting 77% throttle opening that it would affect alot of things. All input appreciated, thanks.

PS. I just thought of something that may play into this. I did install my factory TP sensor from my stock throttle body, onto this FAST throttle body. Does this pose a problem? Are you not supposed to do that? Should I be using a FAST TPS sensor? I have also been getting codes in relation to TPS voltage. Thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails FAST intake & TB issues?-tb-1.jpg   FAST intake & TB issues?-tb-02.jpg  

Last edited by aNuBiS; 06-16-2005 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe that there was a thread on this topic from last year with a solution posted. Sorry that I cannot be more help. I forgot what the solution was.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't help you on that particular TB... but on my stock TB, I had to grind the cam down so it wouldn't hit anything. Look and see how much of it you would have to grind in order to get it to clear...
Old 06-17-2005, 01:25 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Well I called FAST about it, and I was told they never heard of that before (yeah ok..) I wouldnt imagine Id be the first and only person to have this issue. Either way, I grinded the area on the intake down, was just a bit of shaving, and now I get 100%. Well its a new car!! Woke it right up. Just wish I knew I wasnt the only one, lol...

Old 06-17-2005, 02:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You ain't the only one with issues, believe me... the damn thing really needed to be R&Ded better.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by aNuBiS
Well I called FAST about it, and I was told they never heard of that before (yeah ok..) I wouldnt imagine Id be the first and only person to have this issue. Either way, I grinded the area on the intake down, was just a bit of shaving, and now I get 100%. Well its a new car!! Woke it right up. Just wish I knew I wasnt the only one, lol...

Their full of . I know of a few people that had issues with thier TB's and I'm hearing more on this site.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 06-17-2005 at 12:33 PM.