Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C condenser ruining header?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A/C condenser ruining header?

I was told that one of my A/C lines that I'm guessing lets out excess water or something is leaking onto my header. It drips water directly onto my collector, and I'm afraid after a while it might rust. Has anyone ever heard of this problem?? I can definately tell that it was dripping water because I leave puddles every now and then. I dont know how to fix this and dont want my headers to rust. Anyone know of a way to move the line so its not dripping onto my headers?? BTW, it the passenger side header if that helps.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

it happens when you're in a hot climate. you can hear my car hiss after i drive around with the AC b/c the condensed water drips onto the headers. thankfully i bought Kooks
Old 06-16-2005, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could try to end the outlet pipe from the a/c a little towards the unibody rail on that side, I noticed mine would land in my collector and took tear of it while the header was out, I used a brake line bender, and put a little angle on it, that should take care of it, also if the metal line are sweating, you might consider using pipe wrap made out of foam, I would not put it on my car, but it might pass your inspection, or you could do what I plan on a dump the A/C
Old 06-16-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn water leaking on my LT's too. sizzle, sizzle, sizzle..........lol
Old 06-17-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright, well at least im not the only one. Daryl, I would dump the A/C, but I drive it everyday and I live in florida. Windows down is nice, but hell when the car has been sitting a while in the florida sun.