Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LT's

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP LT's

Thinking of running them on '04 GTO. Anybody had any bad experiences with SLP headers. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTO4ME13
Thinking of running them on '04 GTO. Anybody had any bad experiences with SLP headers. Thanks for the help.
Can only speak from experience with the F-Body. The only thing that I think could be concidered bad is the lower ground clearance than the others. I've rubbed my High-Flow cats a few times over speed bumps, and this 1 time at over 150 MPH on a little dip in the road. From what I heard QTP and Kooks are the best for fit and performance. Don't know how they are for the GTO, or if they are the same.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hardly anybody likes the F-body version. They are stainless steel AND ceramic coated, make as much power as other standard longtubes, have been around for awhile and are generally considered to have quality construction.

However, the fit and installation are considered very poor, SLP has a bad rep/habit when it comes to overcharging and advertising unrealistic gains and for the price of SLP's you can get the excellent kooks/qtp style headers.

You might want to try the GTO forum.