Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed Peformance CAI

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Speed Peformance CAI

Hey guys. I just received my Texas Speed and Peformance lid and filter in the mail.

I had the K&N FIPK Cold Air Induction before. Here is my question. On the Neck of the lid.. there is a hole. A purposely drilled hole and I dont know why. Would this cause a problem in the vortex of air when it goes in?

I looked on my stock setup I kept and I see there is a hole there as well. Obviously with the FIPK there is none because it is just a filter.

Do I need to plug this up or something?

Last.. I am NOT impressed with the TSP lid. it is riveted on and the rivets look like **** on it. Maybe it is just me.. but if I am paying almost 200 bucks for a lid and filter and filter cleaners.. i would think you could ATLEAST PAINT THE RIVETS BLACK or something?

Also.. I waited for this for 3 weeks. they claimed it was in stock.. it wasnt. So i get it finally and it is cheesey. Maybe most lids ARE cheesy.. I dont know.. but it looked like whatever to me.

I cant remember if I used the bolts from my stock setup onto my FIPK (car is at johns so I cant check it out right now) but if I did lose the bolts and washers.. where could I find a set for the cold air induction?

FIPK guys in here. Did you use the washers and bolts from your stock lid and transfer them to the FIPK setup? I usually keep all bolts/washers/parts if they were stock.. but my garage is upside down right now and I have no clue as to where they are
Old 06-17-2005, 05:24 PM
10 Second Club

Are you talking about the hole for the IAT sensor?
Old 06-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Banned

lol probably.

I installed my cai about 2 years ago and havent done one since.

So since my car isnt here infront of me.. i cant tell why there is a hole there. and looking at the stock one.. there is a hole there as well.

Maybe there is something I am supposed to put there IAT sensor maybe.

I will check out when the car comes back.

thanks for the quick reply gm muscle
Old 06-17-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

justa quick question...why are you switching toa different intake..i doubt you'll see a performance increase....also...it could be the air pump hose hole? is it a 01+ ?
Old 06-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Banned

2001 correct.

I switched over for purely cosmetic reasons.

I dont like the look of seeing my filter everytime I pop the hood and the plate it came with (FIPK) I had to cut so air would come up through the radiator area and into the intake soo I never put anything on it to stop rust and I have surface rust now.

I always liked the tsp logo (I know I know, sounds ricey eh?) and I figured a lid is a lid is a lid so I went with what would LOOK best.

No gains I am sure.. but looks will help
Old 06-17-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

ya i agree they are crappy. i have a 85mm one. the angle on the neck sucks. the rivets suck. the quality just plain sucks.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Banned

now ya tell me bmf!

lol

anyways.. we will see when I put it on.. but the rivets? Come on.. why do they need to rivet the friggin thing together? it looks GHEY!
Old 06-18-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a TSP for the stock TB, and it fits great. Its really not hard at all to do the lid. And there is a sensor from the stock lid to replace the hole.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

well the whole you have is for the air pump hose..you'll have to cap it some how. or route the air pump hose back to the intake.