Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my ses light just turned off and i have no cats <no bulb didnt burn out>

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my ses light just turned off and i have no cats <no bulb didnt burn out>

about 3 months ago i install headers along with a off-road y pipe so i have no catalystic converts. well after about a few miles my ses light turned on <which i was expecting>.
sunday my ses light turned off i figured the bulb burnt out, so i checked the bulb out by turning the ignition on to make everything light up, and everything lit up including the ses.

so im confused as to why my ses light turned off
Old 06-17-2005, 07:27 PM
TECH Resident

The code is probably still there. Dont ask.. b/c I dont know.. I had a P1133 from bad o2s. I got to Autozone and my light just shut off! I was curious as to if the bulb burnt out so I shut it off, restarted and it flashed like normal but once again the SES light was not lit. For the hell of it I had them scan the car. Sure enough, the code was STILL showing on the scanner. Replaced the o2s and its never came on since.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

I have heard those lights can come and go. You still have to remove the code. Yeah...what he said^