Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks Vibration..??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kooks Vibration..??

Installed the kooks LT's yesterday and I get a vibration/resonance when shifting from park to drive. When they were installed nothing was hitting, clearances were good, but im wondering when put in gear how the rear squats could this be causing a clearance issue? Or maybe at a certian rpm the resonance sound causes the vibration.Anyone else had this issue?

BTW the car is an A4 with the Kooks 1 -3/4 with cats.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you need to do some "adjusting" on the h-pipe setup. Common with f-bodies setups early on.

Best way to find it is to put the car on a lift and see where it's hitting first.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Launching!

I took the car to the dealer today and they said that my K&N intake was touching the oil cooler line. Sure enough after I pull out it starts doin it again. I took apart my entire K&N intake and re installed it and it still does it. Im wondering if the drivers side mid pipe is to tight? It was tough to get in, could that cause the vibration? Any ideas?
Old 06-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Launching!

I'll be taking the car to the exhaust shop friday i'll let you know what they find.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Got it checked out today and the clearance is fine. No evidence of anything hitting. The guy suggested that I could put a gromet where the mid pipes connect to the tranny to posibble solve the issue, but it must be just resonance.