Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Chemistry Insert Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 09:38 PM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Chemistry Insert Question

I have been reading their website and they show an increase in power, which is of course part of their sales pitch. I graphed their data below.

I did a search of previous threads and people are saying it robbed them of horsepower and others claim their car drove better and felt better. Its interesting that the curves only go to 4000 RPM and the upper curves are coming down pretty quickly, I am guessing they are a net blockage over 4500 RPM and do hurt power. Has anyone got a dyno plot that might show a before and after?
Attached Thumbnails Car Chemistry Insert Question-torque.jpg  
Old 06-21-2005, 09:45 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just say NO. search RyanJ (i believe), lost a huge amount of HP with the inserts with a back to back dyno test; the loss grew as the RPM rised.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:22 AM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrp
just say NO. search RyanJ (i believe), lost a huge amount of HP with the inserts with a back to back dyno test; the loss grew as the RPM rised.
I expected the upper RPM loss, I was looking to see the gains at lower RPM like the graph above. Does anyone have actual curves?
Old 06-22-2005, 08:44 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by BJM
I expected the upper RPM loss, I was looking to see the gains at lower RPM like the graph above. Does anyone have actual curves?
like i said, Ryan has before and after curves, just search for it. the setup is with the ls6 cam as well.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:50 AM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I found the post but the link for the pictures no longer worked. I will check again though.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:58 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

my bad, it was Ryan02SS. i have his graph saved someone. you can always email or PM him and see if he can dig it up. bottom line is dont bother with them.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Do not use the Car Chemistry inserts that Summit sells unless you want to lose alot of power! I installed a 3" 2 disk version into my 3" I pipe right after my cutout to cut down on rasp with my old exhaust setup and it lost me 33rwhp @ 34rwtq over an open cutout. Runs were done back to back. This is on stock heads w my current TR224. I know the graph says LS6 cam but that's because Mikey had not updated my data file since the I was running the LS6 cam.

http://www.hostpicsfree.info/show.ph...utTR224351.jpg
Old 06-22-2005, 09:53 PM
BJM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan02SS
Do not use the Car Chemistry inserts that Summit sells unless you want to lose alot of power! I installed a 3" 2 disk version into my 3" I pipe right after my cutout to cut down on rasp with my old exhaust setup and it lost me 33rwhp @ 34rwtq over an open cutout. Runs were done back to back. This is on stock heads w my current TR224. I know the graph says LS6 cam but that's because Mikey had not updated my data file since the I was running the LS6 cam.

http://www.hostpicsfree.info/show.ph...utTR224351.jpg
That's interesting, no power increase anywhere. Did it at least make the car quieter?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

It cut down on overall volume pretty good as it was choking the crap out of the engine. I have the runs on 8mm video and it's amazing how much faster the car revved up with the cutout open vs closed! I didn't have my QTEC motor on the car at that time and on the way back from the dyno tune I had some runs with a CAI only 03 Cobra making 387rwhp he said. I was racing with the cutout closed and the CC baffle in place and that crappy powerband and we were dead even from mid 2nd gear to end of my 4th.

Notice the torque curve how it peaks and stays flat so early compared to with the open cutout.

Quick Reply: Car Chemistry Insert Question