Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 08:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions Please

I've been doing a lot of searching/reading and I think I've figured out what mods I want to start with on my car which should hopefully still allow me to pass emissions here.

My summer goals:

-Whisper Air lid (being shipped right now)
-Kooks or QTP headers (O2 extensions)
-Catted Y pipe
-GMMG exhaust
-Torque Converter (this might wait till the fall)

QTP headers are currently on sale and I assume the High Velocity Collector doesn't have AIR fittings so I'm going to problem have to go with the 1 3/4" 2001-2002 with Air Fittings. I eventually want to get a cam so I'm wondering if the 1 3/4" would be big enough or if I should go with the 1 7/8" and ditch AIR. The only problem is I believe that during the visual inspection they look for AIR.

I've read threads on installing headers and I can hopefully find a buddy with jacks so I can do it myself but how hard is it to install the Y-pipe and GMMG exhaust? They're both bolt ons so they don't require any welding, etc correct? Can it be done with only jacks or do I really need to find a lift?

Does anyone see a problem with this setup? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If your going to bigger cubes in the future get the 17/8 if not the 13/4 will be just fine. The y/Cb install is not that bad, get your self the band type clamps, dont use the "U" type. If you have a set of ramps put the rear tires on the ramps and jack up the front you'll have plenty of room, I helped a buddy do a kmember that way lots of room. Sounds like a nice set up, good luck.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hrm I'll need to do more research then to see if I can just ditch AIR. It'd suck to have to replace the headers if I ever decided to go for more cubes.

Thanks for the info.