Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Fan Question...

Old 06-27-2005, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electrical Fan Question...

Long story short, I've done the "cooling fan" mod before and do not particularly like it, so.....

What I'm looking to do is wire the fans completely by themselves. I did it on my LT1 in sig so I know what to do and how to do it, my question is this-

What kind of resistor/s would I need to plug the two little harnesses going to the fan so I won't set a SES. On my LT1 I had already done a ton of mods when I wired the fans and had a SES before I wired them, so it wasn't really a big deal.

So does anyone know what kind of resistor/s I'm gonna need to cap off the fan plugs/harnesses???

TIA, Jon
Old 06-27-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

I wonder if you couldn't "tune" the fans out. If the computer never tries to turn them on, it would never know that it can't. At the very least, you should be able to tune the SES codes out.

Curious, why do you want to do this?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

I'm sure I could fix it with a tune, I was thinking "cheap" at the moment though

The reason I want to do it this way is to have "complete" control of the fans. This is a lot less complicated than splicing into the factory harness, will look better when I'm done with it, and there's no chance of problems. Also a lot cleaner looking if you ever decide to go back to stock. I've done the "cooling fan mod" that most people do before, and have tried it several different ways. There always seems to be type of interference/complication with the standard method. Wiring them seperately eliminates any chance of the fans not cutting on or staying on etc.

Back to the question at hand, does anyone have any idea what resistor I would need to do this???

Jon

Search this Thread