Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutout VS TSP Rumbler Catback

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutout VS TSP Rumbler Catback

well it just came to me today... why ruin my stepdads work/money and put a new catback on when I can just do a cutout and keep it all...

that being said.. how is a cutout comparable to a TSP rumbler? performance wise? sound really doesnt matter...

because I'll be running a cutout with gutted cats.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

LOL I jut started a thread with the exact same question,
I have a cutout on my 02 TA m6 right now and I dont like it because it sounds like ****, its loud very loud but there no defition in the tone,
so I m looking too for some imput on the tsp rumbler

good luck
Old 09-08-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Resident

Well no cat-back is going to out flow a cut-out. It depends on what sound you like. Personally I love the way a cutout sounds on stock manifolds. I decided to wait to shell out the $$ on a cat-back or TD until I get LT's
Old 09-08-2005, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

Hey dude i have a rumbler exhaust, and i bought a cutout and i could not get the guy to install it in a safe location, because u want it before the bullet muffler and where u need to install it it will hang to low and eventually it you will hit something and it will break off, thats why im waiting to save money so i can get my headers and dual cutout Y.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

I have had my catback off for a few days, and (atleast on stock manifolds) i'd say **** a cutout and a catback. I had my cutout on, but due to some temporary installations not holding up until the weekend, i decided to just cut the whole thing off until i have time to put the headers on and fab up a y-pipe all at the same time. Running straight off my y-pipe might be how it'll stay for a while because i can deal with the interior noise. I don't know whats going to happen after the header install, might be too loud for no catback.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Launching!

I like my Rumbler. It is not too loud cruising, but sounds sweet under WOT.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm cammed running longtubes and no cats. I have a cut out in the I pipe. I've got nothing but compliments and it sounds means as hell if I do say so myself. It doesn't rasp like a catback does.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Banned

Nothing outflows a cutout and I've been told that mine sounds just like a loudmouth on the stock manifolds. I love it, plus I can cap it if I don't want the volume or feel the vibrations that I get from it and just hear the Magnaflow. It's welded into the I-pipe. Cutouts can't be beat for the price. They are deep and loud sounding on stock manifolds.

Here's a crappy vid of my cutout at WOT 1st-3rd. It's at the track and from in the stands so it's not the greatest but you should get the idea.

http://video.ls1tech.com/Player.aspx...5-D66D3A182964

Here's a good one though, the cutout in a tunnel.

http://www.ls1sounds.com/headers_cut...TA-tunnell.MPG

Keep in mind though, even with the cutout open, some exhaust and sound is still emitted from my Magnaflow muffler.

Last edited by joblo1978; 09-08-2005 at 10:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Cutout VS TSP Rumbler Catback