Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question concerning o2 sensors with new headers HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question concerning o2 sensors with new headers HELP!

i currently have an A/F Gauge in my SS..i bought the wiring harness that allows you to just plug it into the o2 sensor under the car in the manifold for easy wiring and all that...
well i plan on buying some Pacesetter LT's soon and I was wondering...what happens to that sensor and will it affect my AF Gauge...
just wondering...not sure if the headers come with ports or anything..
THANKS!
Old 06-28-2005, 12:52 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by erikthegoalie
i currently have an A/F Gauge in my SS..i bought the wiring harness that allows you to just plug it into the o2 sensor under the car in the manifold for easy wiring and all that...
well i plan on buying some Pacesetter LT's soon and I was wondering...what happens to that sensor and will it affect my AF Gauge...
just wondering...not sure if the headers come with ports or anything..
THANKS!
I drilled a hole in my exhaust about 12 inches behind the passenger header. Then welded an 18mm O2 sensor bung I bought from NAPA. It came with a plug to close the hole when/if I remove the sensor.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it will read different voltages from what i have seen after headers but not by a whole lot, it may look a little richer but you will be ok. i am taking my gauge off my car for an oil temp so i can keep an eye on operating temps, with hp tuners there is no need for the air fuel gauge now, but it does look pretty lol
Old 06-28-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

lose it and get a wideband if you care that much about A/Fs