Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker long tube 4"

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hooker long tube 4"

I have hooker long tube headers with 4" opening I am installing a custom true dual over the axle that will be 3". I know I need a reducer but was curious if you guys are welding the reducer to the headers? I really don't want to do that in case I need to remove the headers for any reason.....any suggestions? Thanks
Old 07-01-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

put the reducers right after the X pipe, but then u need a 4" X, thats all that i can think of

hows the TR224? i really like how it looks by numbers and specs, but nvr head it or road in a car w/ it, whats ur gas mileage and what #s you get bfore and after it, thanks, thats a nice setup you got, whats it running?

well ya, the reducer after the X is the only thing besides after the headers is the only thing i can think of, sry
Old 07-01-2005, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

It is a great cam very streetable when I brought the cam it was considered a little extreme. These new cams have me wondering if I left something on the table by not going bigger. I never did get a tune, but I did have to drill the throttle body a little to make it sound stock. Cam only I picked up 46rwhp then another 20rwhp from the longtubes. The best I have ran was about a 12.7, but I suck at driving. Ran into some motor problems through my fault and has been done for awhile. I hope to put it on the dyno in the next couple weeks and get a tune. Would like to see 380rwhp
Old 07-01-2005, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

**** nice, its all the ramp rate, thats y i love TR, people say comp cams XR cam has an extreme ramp rate (49) but the TR224 has a ramp rate of 27 i think, dont remember, but its mid 20's. its got like .4 less lift ans 2 degrees less duration and puts out the same #s, uses alot less gas, very streetable, and is stealthy... ok, im going , well i hope my advice helps