Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust poll question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust poll question

I want to take a pole to see what you all think of Exhaust. I was on here when I first joined the site and I can back with alot of SLP loud mouth fans. WEll it's time to buy and I want to make the right choice. I have looked at the slp loud mouth...the corsa and ...the borla. I think I am going to go with the y pipe with what ever I pick but no headers at this point in time. So what sounds the best and gives the best performance...Out of the three or open to ideas...remember I want to scare the stangs away with the sound...
Old 06-30-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The loud mouth will do the trick untill U do LT's. Every thing I've read people say the loud mouth sounds like *** with lt's. I going to throw out a vote for the Hooker (not in your list). Its quiet when crusing and loud at WOT. Also save your moner on the Y pipe you'll be clanging it again when you get LT's.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

A buddy of mine has the loudmouth and headers. I thought it was annoying before he had the headers. When we did his headers we welded a bullet muffler into the I pipe. Sounds really sweet now.

I personally don't like the loudmouth....to raspy for me. I've never heard anything bad about GMMG, but that isn't a cheap exhaust either.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nascarfrk38
So what sounds the best and gives the best performance... remember I want to scare the stangs away with the sound...
Best sound headers and true duals. I paid $279 for my Pacsetters ($285.99 now) and $150 for a true duel setup. So thats $429 for a custom exhaust and sound that will draw the stangs to you.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Loudmouth is loud and sounds decent, but it's NOT a clean, crisp or deep sound. I ran it on stock manifolds/cats for 18 months but did the right thing and sold it when I got headers. I wouldn't bother with a Y-pipe on stock manifolds, you will gain virtually nothing and it will be useless to you when you get headers. I DEFINATELY would not run a catless, off road Y-pipe with the loudmouth.

Could you be swayed into going with duals when you get headers? If you are only going to run whatever catback you purchase until you get headers you have a larger selection than if you plan to keep the cat-back after headers. Then again, unless it will be a long time till you get headers a cutout might be the smartest purchase right now, and save the rest for later.

I like hooker, but it's pretty quiet with stock exhaust. Loudmouth would be doable so long as you keep high flow cats, but even then I'd try swapping the resonator out for something else. (borla XR1 for example, aka borlamouth)
Old 07-01-2005, 01:27 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

read the 50+ reviews in the external forum.

there is no "best" sound, asking that is like asking a stranger to pick out your GF for you. get on ls1sounds, read the reviews, and here as many setups as you can in person.

hell, i've gone through 3 different exhaust setups and am planning my forth.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:31 AM
11 Second Club

Magnaflow is also a very nice set-up.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree. If you want to spend a lot (borla, corsa) get the GMMG. If you don't (Loudmouth) get the Magnaflow.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

On my 3rd system. GMMG hands down for a cat back system. 3" TD/x-pipe system if you're serious.

I finally went LT/TD's a couple years ago, and have never looked back....
Old 07-01-2005, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Ive got the borla, I think it sounds great. I recently upgraded to headers and an ORY with the borla and it sounds even better. I love the sound and would def. recommend this setup.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

See this is a prime example of people having their own opinions. I think the borla is the worst sounding exhaust out there for the fbody's. Especially with headers/ory. Then again ricers think their car sounds great as well.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Ive got Loudmouth and I like it a whole lot. If I put headers and an ORY on my car I will change out the resonator though.
Here is a short video of my car with the Loudmouth.
http://www.ls1sounds.com/SLPloudmouth/LM_stock_02SS.avi