Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98-99 Pacesetter LT Vs. 01-02 Pacesetter LT

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 98-99 Pacesetter LT Vs. 01-02 Pacesetter LT

So i'm gettin my motor rebuilt and i decided kinda late (found a good deal at TSP) to get LTs. Now since i got them late, and TSP was on back order, all they had were 98-99 w/ Air fittings. So i had them send me a set of those and i just bought block off plates in order to deal with my time constraints (or so i thought).

Well as it turns out, my car is gonna be in the shop a little longer than anticipated (again) and now i'm kicking myself for not just waiting for the 01-02s. But i digress...

My question is, even w/the block off plates, will there be any difference, power wise b/t the AIR LTs and the non-AIR LTs? I know it might be slight, but it's been rolling around my head for a few days now...
Old 07-01-2005, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry about it. Just block off the air/egr fittings (might as well rip air out, dont need it) and there will be no difference vs having the non emission headers. The tubes for the emissions hookups are very small and should have little to no effect.

Think about all the people with cutouts. They don't get or worry about decreased airflow when the cutout is closed and there is a rather large, blocked off dead end in their exhaust.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:12 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BYUNSPEED
We have PaceSetters in stock if you need them.

can you overnight them?
Old 07-01-2005, 01:25 AM
11 Second Club

get them from Byunspeed....

There is no Power difference......

Plus if you are deleting all of that stuff, just get the race style. They dont have the egr or air provisions, just the o2 bungs.... Thats what I got. It cleans it up a little......