Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For a procharged t/a which should I keep dyna tech or kooks

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For a procharged t/a which should I keep dyna tech or kooks

I had one som t/a with kooks lt's, kooks ORY and borla exhaust and then I picked up another som t/a but this one is making 600 hp and is procharged. The previous owner had placed dynatech lt's and y pipe on there with the stock exhaust (gutted) and a cutout.

Since I am selling my som with the kooks I am wondering, should I swap out exhausts? I guess I am kinda attached to my kooks since i bought em and installed um less than 6.5 months ago. Every one says "kooks this kooks that" but, then i saw dyna tech's prices and they were super expensive so, I wondered..... hmmm could they be any better than mine?

Theyre both stainless steel, just hooked up to different y's and different exhausts.

Thanks for your help...

Crystal
Old 07-01-2005, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

sell the kooks and put the borla on there hehe. from what a local shop told me the dynatechs are the best you can buy for the ls1 fbody, i think it was dynatech i could be wrong. anyway you wont notice a difference, if the kooks are in good condition you should be able to get some good money for them.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

I honestly don't think it's going to make a difference. They both make great headers.

B
Old 07-01-2005, 01:05 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

I would probley wind up swapping them. It would be a pain in the ***, but I would do it.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

i've never seen dynatech headers, but i'm quite attached to my kooks. i'd take them to any car i had, except i'd probably get a stepped header or 1 7/8(kooks) for an FI car myself.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lithium
I would probley wind up swapping them. It would be a pain in the ***, but I would do it.
I wouldn't go through the effort. I have the Dynatechs and they're a very good setup. Kooks are good too....but you won't get any noticable performance gain from this switch. (not seat of the pants anyways.) Sell the Kooks and then you'd have $$ for more parts