Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie exhaust mod - GMMG

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie exhaust mod - GMMG

I've done plenty of researching and decided to go with the GMMG chambered exhaust. I haven't modded anything else on the exhaust yet, but would like to eventually get headers and an ORY (most likely next year). Is there any problems matching GMMG up with the stock Y? Will the size match up, or do i need some adapter fabricated? Will the new exhaust run all the way to the Y, or will it only run to the mid-pipe? Does anyone see any problems with this plan? I'm still thinking over the header/ORY combination and can't afford to buy everything at once right now, but love the GMMG sound. My car's a 2001 Camaro SS. Also, the only exhaust experience I have is on a WRX, which was a very easy bolt-on.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Teching In

ok, i'm an idiot... there is no midpipe, just a very long Y pipe. it appears it's 2 3/4" diameter... and i think the GMMG website said it has a 3" ID intermediate pipe. So it looks like they won't match up? Do most/all aftermarket Y's merge into 3" as well? Also, I've read the sticky on exhaust mods, so if I've overlooked some of these answers in the sticky, please let me know
Old 07-01-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

gmmg will fit just fine with the stock y pipe
Old 07-01-2005, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

If your trying to get a GMMG you should check the sponsors and GP board their trying to get a Group Purchase on the GMMG.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gmmg is an easy bolt on