Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing the headers next weekend, I have an inspection question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 03:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Doing the headers next weekend, I have an inspection question...

I did a search and couldn't find anything.

After the install I'm having the rear O2's deleted and the AIR pump stuff deleted(since I don't feel like buying 98-99 AIR TUBES). My question is this.

When a shop plugs in the machine to run through the OBD2 computer will anything show up that the rear o2's and AIR pump system are deleted? I know if you have a check engine light on you fail but if the stuff "is there" in the PCM will most testing machines recognize that?

I need to know before I rip out my AIR pump stuff!!!(Not worried about the visual inspection stuff)

THANKS!!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Launching!

If they use a regular type scan tool, then there is no way to know what has been deleted. But if they have some kind of specialty tool that has car specific parameters to monitor then you may have a problem. Do they just look for codes or do they actually monitor sensor readings? If you have the rear O2 deleted then there will be no sensor readings. That may pose a problem. As far as the air pump if it is deleted I do not see anyway to tell if it is operating without having a cold startup. Unless they can run the system with the scanner.
Really need some more info as to what they do exactly.

Dave
Old 07-03-2005, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Ok.

Thanks for the response. I really don't know and Ihave a year to figure it out. I just got the car inspected last week. I'll talk to my guy and find out how detailed the scan is. I figured WORST case scenario I'd have to get O2 sims and leave the rear O2's in the PCM
Old 07-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Well if you can get by the visual then if there is no SES light maybe your guy will let the Rear O2 delete slide. Just a thought.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

He won't care about visual lol. He thinks the visual **** is just a bunch of BS.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:00 AM
TECH Junkie

damn they fail you for just having a check engine light on? That comes on if cruise control isn't working lol, does not seem fair.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

no, my car just passed obd2 testing with no EGR, AIR or cats(i failed the visual and had to put cats on). the obd2 test checks readiness monitors and they all come up as ready if the codes are deleted in the pcm. and depending on model year youre allowed 1 or 2 of those monitors missing and youll still pass, 1 for 2001 and up cars and 2 for 96-00. if its been tuned and the codes deleted those readiness monitors will come up ready and they wont say a word. i passed the visual without rear o2's as well.

this was at a state run facility too, if its your buddys shop you shouldnt have any problems.

EDIT: just noticed you're in PA, the ws6 in my sig came from PA and was tagged without any of that emissions stuff including the cats.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:09 AM
12 Second Club

Honda, thanks for the info, you're the man!!!