Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need BIG Help: Looking for 3" Slip-fit Piping (Anyone at TSP?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need BIG Help: Looking for 3" Slip-fit Piping (Anyone at TSP?)

I've looked all over Summit trying to find some 3" slip-fit piping but cant come up with anything but collectors and turndowns. Does anyone know anywhere that sells 3" slip on piping, maybe with one slip-fit end and then something like 12-18" of pipe? I'm trying to try different mufflers on my TSP true dual kit and I'd like to be able to make the new mufflers fit on just like the old ones do so I can use the band clamps and not have to do much to swap between the two. Thanks a ton for any help.

If anyone from TSP sees this, could one of you guys PM me? I've tried PMing Jason but mine must have gotten lost in the shuffle. If one of you guys could give me a lead or maybe help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

I just need two 3" pipes about 12" long or longer (so I can cut to the right length), one end needing to slip-fit over the 3" x-pipe from the TSP kit, and then I'm going to weld a similar hanger to the TSP kit to the new mufflers.

Last edited by josh99ta; 07-06-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

PM'd you.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Straight pipes, or with some type of bend in them? If all you need is some straight pipes, then buy them at your local exhaust shop, and rent an exhaust pipe expander tool at autozone. There's one that expands the pipe up to 3.75" I believe and works pretty good. That could get you the slip fit you're needing for less cash.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whoa, whatever you do don't get the pipe expander from autozone, I've had two shatter into pices under light pressure.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

That PM was exactly what I needed. Not super cheap, but Jegs has them under part # 555-30632 for 3" slip fit pipe 18" long. I'm going to get them, then pull the Spiral Flows off the car, take both to an exhaust shop, and have them make the XR1s fit exactly like the Spiral Flows do, so I can swap between the two to see which I like better. Then I'll sell the other set.