Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advise on true dual's please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 05:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default advise on true dual's please.

well it's not on weather or not to get them because I'm going to. I recelntly pick up some sweet thender's from another member on here. what I'd like advise on is weather to install them now and then this fall/winter do a header install and just have it modifidy to hook into the true dual's. I know I'm going to be getting header's and am going to install them myself. what I don't know is how hard will it be to have the header's hooked up to the true dual's after the header install. will it be worth runnig 1/2 a summer with a nice exhaust. (I love a good sounding exhaust and it's stock now) or should I just be more patentian? thank's for the advise.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I say wait and do it all at once, that what I did. Prolly will save a little money this way to (only messing with the exhaust once). I installed my LT's, drove it home with open header, then the next week I trailered it to the muffler shop and got my duals fabbed up.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:40 PM
12 Second Club

I'd wait til I got the headers installed becuase it'll cost more to refab and I'd just rather do it all at once. easier for everyone and easier on the pocketbook.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

thank's kind of what I was thinking also thank's for the advise and I think that'll be what I'm going to do
Old 07-11-2005, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want a quick fix on that wait, just have a single cut out for 30 bucks and wait to do the whole install at once.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Definitely do it all at once. It makes things alot easier. To go from manifolds to LT's, that would take quite a bit of tweaking of the true duals to fit well. Plus, you don't want to go around with open headers for too long. My car is my daily driver, and I went on open headers for a week. It was fun, but it kinda got old the last couple days.

Jason
Old 07-12-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z-286speed
If you want a quick fix on that wait, just have a single cut out for 30 bucks and wait to do the whole install at once.
I totally agree. That is what I had prior to getting my duals. Sounds good and will give you a power increase.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default true duels

I would wait as well, its not really that long. Less money less trouble.