Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I do it myself?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I do it myself?

I just ordered my pacesetters. I am worried about the
install I have no one to help and want to know if I am
able to do the whole thing entirely by myself.
Thanks for any reply.
John
Old 07-17-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

On jack stands, your gona need a friend, on a lift, you might be able to do it yourself.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a couple buddies to help you...even if they've never done it before.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:36 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

I was able to do mine mostly by myself. All that I had was a jack stand and some rhino ramps. The only stuff that I needed help with was getting the oil dipstick tube back in and some help with guiding the headers. It could be done, but the dipstick tube is near impossible to get back in without help.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:46 PM

Post in the locar forum for your area. Someone with experience is likly willing to help.
Old 07-17-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Lithium
I was able to do mine mostly by myself. All that I had was a jack stand and some rhino ramps. The only stuff that I needed help with was getting the oil dipstick tube back in and some help with guiding the headers. It could be done, but the dipstick tube is near impossible to get back in without help.

i did mine no problem? i put it down between the headers and let it rest on something, then I went underneath the car and pushed it in, it when in really easy, no forcing it like some people said, and its seated all the way, because the bolt uptop went on just fine

but back to the original post, I had a buddy help me.

this was my first time, u'll get frustrated. maybe do what i did, if ur car isn't a daily driver, take the stock exhaust off first, then wait for the headers, don't try to do it all at once
Old 07-17-2005, 02:58 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
i did mine no problem? i put it down between the headers and let it rest on something, then I went underneath the car and pushed it in, it when in really easy, no forcing it like some people said, and its seated all the way, because the bolt uptop went on just fine

but back to the original post, I had a buddy help me.

this was my first time, u'll get frustrated. maybe do what i did, if ur car isn't a daily driver, take the stock exhaust off first, then wait for the headers, don't try to do it all at once
Damn . I tried to guide it in by myself for like 45 min. I guess it is possible .
Old 07-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Launching!

i installed my pacesetters start to finish by myself in 4 hours. it can be a little tricky but it can be done in the 4 hours i removed my loudmouth all the old exhaust and had the headers in and bolted on. fabbed up the true duals the next day.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have a friend to help, even if they havent done it before. They can help guide the headers up etc. Its do-able w/ one person, but easier with more.

I couldn't get the dip stick back in by myself for some stupid reason. A friend came over to help me finish up. I ended up having to run and get some stuff, and when I got back he had the dipstick done himeself. The difference being: he has done it many times before.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn . I tried to guide it in by myself for like 45 min. I guess it is possible .

lol i hope i didn't sound cocky, i was sorta just checking myself to make sure I did it right lol
but took me 2 seconds lol

its just everything else that is taking me forever
Old 07-17-2005, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

That pretty much covers it. And get that rear passanger side manifold/header bolt from under the car. You'll see what I mean. Much easier from the bottom.