Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about ORY install

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about ORY install

I'm getting LTs and a cat-back installed at a shop where I don't know anybody. The shops in my town where I know people don't do header installs.

My question is this: One of my cats is bad, so I need to either replace it or get rid of them. This is the perfect opportunity to get rid of them and run O2 bungs and ORY.

Should I just order my exhaust package as such? Is it possible that the shop will refuse to install an ORY when it's obviously not an off-road vehicle? Do they check stuff like that? Do they even care? I'm new to all of this, so I'm not sure how big of a deal it is. I just don't want to have a kit sent to them that I cannot get installed.

Suggestions? I have ZERO mechanical abilities, so please don't suggest that I handle the install myself. If I try, my Camaro will be turned into an unusable pile of $hi#

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:53 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Trust me if I can do it you can do it. I had no experiance working on cars before I installed my headers - its not that hard. I would just get rid of the cats all together. Are you planning to keep your AIR and EGR? If you are go with the emissions style headers, if not go with the race style headers.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Teching In

No...you don't understand. I have absolutely no business EVER having a wrench or screwdriver in my hands!

Let's put it this way--It took me well over four hours to replace the stock airbox with an SLP lid and smooth air bellows.

At one point I was really eager to learn to work on cars. I can't say I haven't tried. I'm just tired of F'ing stuff up and frustrating myself and potentially ruining my car.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke
Old 07-18-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

alot of shop wont touch your car without cats

so you may want to ask around and make sure they know your paying cash.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Teching In

TY...that's all I wanted to know.

My buddy across the street says that hi-flow cats are no more restrictive than no cats. I'll just go that route to be sure (and legal).

Again, thanks.