Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help With Misfire? Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help With Misfire? Question

Here is the problem. Everything that you see in mod list as been installed. Now the car is misfiring in cylinder 1 and 3. So i changed plugs and wires. Still there. I than changed coil pack to see if problem followed coils or stayed with cylinders. The problems stayed at number 1 and 3 cylinders. I also plugged purge value to see if that would help nothing. Still there. I am now going to change injectors, i am praying to the CAR GODS that it fixes it. My question to you all is. What do you think it might be? This mis fires happens under partial load. And after i let up on the gas pedal under heavy load it backfires from the exhaust as well. Please any info would be greatly appreciated. i am stumped at this point. I am leaning towards the tourque converter as the problem but not sure why it would cause a misfire. please help. thank you again.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Please guys any suggestions???
Old 07-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Well my advice would be to look at the injectors. Is there any chance of an air leak after the MAF. How are you O2 readings? The backfire could possibly mean a rich condition but with these cars a rich condition is most of the time the cause of an original lean condition that the computer is trying to resolve.

I would look closer at the injectors and switch holes with them. If that gives the same results, then I would look closely at O2 readings and check for exhaust or intake leaks.

Hope that helps alittle.

Dave
Old 07-22-2005, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

thank you for the help Dave. i am looking into the injectors. if that doesn't work i am going to check the sensors. thanks again for the information.