Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About to order exhaust...have some questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default About to order exhaust...have some questions...

I'm about to order a TSP Rumbler with 3.5" Magnaflow #35143 tips. I'm also going to get Pacesetter LT's, but my question is...which y-pipe should I go with, Pacesetter or TSP? I only need one cat, right? Also, should I get a cutout or would it be pointless with a cat? And also o2 extensions...I would need a 12" and a 24" right? One for the drivers side and one for the passengers?

What else would I need to get or that you would recommend? Thanks.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Mat
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man! Good choice.

As for your questions you need 2 CATS.. The Pacesetter Y has had all kinds of problems though I think later revisions have been marginally better. I totally recommend the TSP Custom 3" Y with the Carsound CATS it comes with.

I've put a TSP 3" Catted Y on my car with Pacesetter longtubes and I couldn't be happier!!

When you order up the headers, just order the O2's from the same place. I got mine from TSP. If I remember correctly they were both the same length.

One quick thought, if I could do it all over again I would have skipped getting the O2 extensions and instead replaced my front 02's (the ones that screw into the headers) with rear corvette 02's. Reason for this is that the Vette 02's tend to respond better in longtubes which run slightly colder due to the O2 being mounted further downstream in the exhaust. I've already had a lazy O2 check engine code come up on my car from using the stock 02's over again. I'll be ordering a set of Vette rear 02's soon. These come with a better heater wire in them thus the better and more accurate performance in a longtube F-Body.

Hope that helps my friend!