Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust water

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust water

what does it mean when there is alot of moisture that comes out of the exhaust when the car has just been started? it was alot
Old 07-27-2005, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be just condensation from over night. I have also heard its a sign of a cracked head gasket. But to check that just take your oil cap off & run your finger inside the valve cover. If its milky of white-ish colored dont drive it. Take it to a shop of fix it your self.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:26 PM
Teching In

thats good news. i actually just replaced the valve covers yesterday and they looked fine. im sure now that its condensation. now that i think about it i overreacted, but if you knew my luck with cars it would make some sense
Old 07-27-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default water in exhaust

Water dripping out the exhaust unless the head gasket is gone, is a sign of an efficient motor. The less compression and the looser it gets, you will notice it going away some. Take note when at a stop sign that the newest cars drip the most, and have the least emissions that you can smell, ie tight inside. When the head gasket is gone it smokes white,"its burning water and coolant", Water dripping straight is a byproduct of efficient combustion.