Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally, success w/ FAST throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Finally, success w/ FAST throttle body

Well, I tried my third new FAST throttle body on tonight and it worked! I was shocked.

It started out bad. I was trying to swap out from the Nick Williams throttle Body that I borrowed to the FAST throttle before it was dark because of all the misquitos. Almost done and I go to put the throttle cable in the slot and it doesn't fit. The last 2 FAST throttle bodies I've had, I needed to use a file to get the cable to fit. Not sure what's up with that. After the misquitos had lunch I finished.

I opened up the throttle blade the least that I could (w/ the screw) to allow enough air in so the car would idle. On initial startups I need to let the car to find the idle and it's ok after that.

No reving up when I put the clutch in, with the first two it went up to 6,000 sometimes. The car was really undrivable, especially considering it was just rebuilt. No hanging idle.

Even though the Nick Williams was way better than the first two FAST throttle bodies, I still had the idle hang up at 2,000 rpms until I came to a dead stop. I'd go 40-45 in 5th without touching the throttle. I didn't play with it much so it may have been fixable., not sure

The first throttle body I returned the people at FAST didn't know what was wrong. They sent me a new one and the same thing happened. I contacted them again and end up talking to a Jay Adams. Told me to measure the shaft that TPS attaches to saying that some came in that were out of spec. I really thought it was BS but apparently that was the problem. Kind of interesting since I saw a post by Mikey of Rapid Motorsports saying that he puts electrical tape on the end. I had tried that but was afraid I was going to break the sensor.

So far so good so finally I'm happy.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill00Formula
Even though the Nick Williams was way better than the first two FAST throttle bodies, I still had the idle hang up at 2,000 rpms until I came to a dead stop.
I have the same problem with my ported tb, then I went back to stock but it didn't go away there must be a trick to fix this, do you know what it is?