Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!AIR and O2 questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !AIR and O2 questions

!AIR question: I installed my LTs/ORY today and while removing the AIR pump, there is another cylindrical pump right beside it, bolted to the same compartment, with wires and connectors coming off of it. If I remember correctly, it had one of the AIR hoses going to it. What do I do with this cylinder and the wires?

O2 questions:

1. If I have to drive to an exhaust shop, what's the best/safest way and what precautions do I need to take so that I don't burn/**** up anything?

2. What do I need to do in order to install the extensions? I had the writeup from Pacesetter until my stupid *** dogs ate it. Ain't that a bitch? I knew it had something on there about cutting and joining wires and what not but I'm not sure if I need to do that or what.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:46 AM
On The Tree

For the extensions, if your talking about the o2 sensors, yeah you can cut\splice...that's what i had for a while, but you'll end up doing it over and over unless you can water proof it.
Buy the extension from a sponsor here, it's the safe and easy way.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

I did, I bought 2 of the 24" extensions from TSP.