Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which setup should i get??

Old 08-01-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which setup should i get??

ok once i get enough money saved up i am plannin on headers and a Y-pipe, i am looking into gettin pacesetter coated headers with a TSP catted Y-pipe but i am not sure weather or not to get the race style or the emission style headers, now i am gonna get it tuned in december or a little before but the question is will i have any problems if i get the race style and just unhook the air but leave the EGR or will i have to unhook the EGR as well?? b/c i plan on gettin my hands dirty and doin it myself, never done headers before but shouldnt be to hard also its alot cheaper. the only thing i am worried about it breaking a header bolt b/c i have a 98 camaro and that would suck.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Banned

When I get headers, I'm going with the LS6 manifold without EGR. Also going for the race style headers and tuning. I'm going to delete AIR and EGR at time of install.

I would suggest that route.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

well i plan on gettin a LS6 intake but headers would come first and then get the manifold along with a new throttle body.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ill start by saying header installs the first time lick *****, id rather punch myself in the sack twice... now that i have that out of the way id suggest just taking out the air and egr, less weight, cleaner engine compartment, and imo its worthless... you can get it all tuned out anyway

but if your all about emissions... get the emissions headers/catted y/ slp ls6 intake
Old 08-01-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

no need for emissions dont have them in indiana, also everyone who did header install there first time was it easier than you thought or was it the worst thing you have ever done. b/c i would rather learn how to do all this stuff myself so i can do everything i want and save money.

Search this Thread