Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomouth

Old 08-22-2005, 03:36 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynomouth

does it have any gains losses? does it have any rasp,vibrations,noise levels?will it be better to get a cutout? it will be on a 00ss application.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is your current exhaust setup? Power gain vs money spent you're better off with a cutout on an otherwise stock exhaust system.

It will be loud, just not quite as loud as the loudmouth. It will still have rasp, but nothing to worry too much about assuming stock manifolds/cats. Flow will basically be the same as a straight section of pipe.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:02 AM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

All is stock
Old 08-23-2005, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do some research and think ahead. Try to get an idea on what full exhaust setup you want. Headers and y-pipe/cat-back or duals. If you want a better muffling cat-back that works well with headers and later with an ORY go ahead and get the cat-back now. If you would go with duals, a cat-back that isn't loud enough on stock manifolds/cats, or just don't want to spend the money yet get a cutout for the I-pipe and call it a day.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the dynmouth on my car. I get compliments all the time from people.

The exhaust is definitely quieter than my friend's loudmouth.

It will sound great WOT, but you will get some resonance at around 2500rpm. It gets annoying sometimes, but in my case it is worth it. If you have an A4, you may not want to get this exhuast because you can't shift out of gear to avoid the resonance.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

a dynmouth is a badass sounding exhaust for stock manifolds but once you get headers youll get rasp out your ***. I had it and once i went headers and ORY the rasp was deafening (with Automatic and then stall so consider that) I switched to a Borla XR-1 (40085) and am much more happier. I keep a cutout on there for the track. Sooner or later I'll get the electric so I can open and close it on the street.

For $35 a bullet cant be beat, and it's kicks the Loudmouth as far as sound/price goes

Search this Thread