Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will LS2 intake fit/work right on LS1 engine??

Old 08-27-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Will LS2 intake fit/work right on LS1 engine??

I'd like to get an LS6 intake for my car, but I've seen from some vendors that say LS2 intakes will fit as well. I didn't want to drop a couple hundred bucks and be wrong. What about things like heads/cam...etc? They're different sized engines, this is why I'm asking the questions. Thanks for the input!

Also, when I get an LS6 intake or LS2 intake...does it just bolt directly on and I hook existing lines/etc up to it, just like the one that is on there now? What exactly is involved in installing the intake other than taking the current one off and putting the new one on? I'm not to tech saavy so any help would be greatly appreciated!

One last thing, are LS2 intakes as good as the LS6 intake? LS6 vs LS2 equals same power at the crank right?...about 400hp?
Old 08-27-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search man. but forget the ls2 intake, it sucks. ls6 intake flows better. if you search about the ls2, i think jrp posted a flow chart comparing all intakes, and the ls6 was the better flowing one.

you'd have to buy a couple things for the ls6 intake to work, such as coolant pipes and such.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will LS2 intake fit/work right on LS1 engine??