Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter ROCKS!

Old 08-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter ROCKS!

I bought my car used off a car lot in OK, I live in TX. The car already had coated Pacesetter longtube hedders when I bought it. I figured awsome, I dont have to deal with the install. I have had the car about 3 months, the other day I was driving down the road at about 2k and began to hear an exhaust leak getting louder and louder. I pulled over to check it out. The second (not used) egr tube in the passenger hedder broke from a bad weld. The hedders appear to be a year or so old. I called Pacesetter and explained the problem, he said it sounded like an inproper weld, which is suppose to be unheard of. I fully expected them to say "sorry, you are not the original purchaser", (because they do come with a 3yr manufactors defect warranty for the original buyer) but instead he apologized for my trouble and told me he would send me a new one at no charge. Only thing I have to do is send it in. Now, dont expect this treatment if you call, I am sure they cant afford to do this all the time, but I am a loyal Pacesetter customer now, they rock.
Sorry the pic is low quality, only allowed 100k, keep an eye on this on yours, although I have never heard of it happening before.
Attached Thumbnails Pacesetter ROCKS!-heddercrack.gif  
Old 08-31-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

My old SLP shorties on my LT1 had a weld break, it was the EGR tube as well. They were many years old though.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:27 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Thats good hear. Glad that it worked out for you.

Search this Thread